Are you connected with how your body responds to stress, trauma and overwhelm? Licensed Clinical Social Worker Alexis Overstreet teaches us how exercise can help manage these challenges as well as providing self-care tools to deal with them. We also discuss how caring for the connective tissue can help our mental health.
- What is connective tissue
- The benefits of Integrating body awareness into therapy
- The importance of understanding how stress, trauma and overwhelm impacts us on a body level
- Various terms like brain spotting, TRE (trauma released exercises) and tremoring
- How tremors are not something to be feared - they are our body’s way of responding to stress
- How using some of the MELT tools like the mini balls can help the stuck stress in our body release
- Simple tools to practice self care
Watch the full interview on YouTube here
Connect with Alexis:Support the show
Sign up for the Tighten Your Tinkler Signature Program here
Connect with Amy:
Join the Graced Health community on Facebook!
Check out my book Your Worthy Body and signature online class B.COMPLETE