The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Greg Carr, Head of Data & Analytics Innovation at PepsiCo and Matt Kilmartin Co-Founder & CEO of Habu, a Data Clean Room software company that makes it seamless for businesses to generate high-value analytics from controlled datasets, while protecting the privacy of consumers and the rights of data owners.
Follow Greg on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carrgreg/
Follow Matt Kilmartin on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattkilmartin/
Follow Habu on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/habu-inc/
Follow Habu online at: https://habu.com/
Greg & Matt answer these questions:
1) Matt, why don’t you group this episode with a quick summary of what a clean room is, why it is needed by modern marketers and how it comes to life in the transformation of data into actionable insights?
2) Greg, We’ve heard that PepsiCo is one of the most innovative brands leaning into adoption of clean room technology. As Head of Innovation for PepsiCo Data & Analytics, can you speak a little about PepsiCo’s innovation philosophy as it relates to data and technology?
3) Greg, PepsiCo licensed its own clean room. Can you share a little about why you decided to do so and what do you think about all these clean rooms that are out there? What made Habu so appealing?
4) Matt, as a vendor in the space, how does Habu make sense of all this and what are you seeing from your side?
5) Greg, Our listeners love to hear about real use cases. Can you walk us through 1 or 2 examples of some of the things you’ve done are doing and are there any early results or learnings you can share?
6) This sounds very cool and pretty complex. Greg ~ What resources on your end are required to make this a reality?
7) Greg, PepsiCo has a long history of partnerships with Sports Leagues & franchises, Retail and other types of companies. Can you talk a little about how you think about partnerships at PepsiCo and how technology like clean rooms can play a role in maximizing the value in those investments?
8) Is this consistent with what you’re seeing other CPG brands doing?
9) Greg then Matt, What excites you the most about the work that PepsiCo and Habu are doing together?
10) Matt then Greg, What does this market look like 3-5 years from now?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
NextUp Website: http://NextUpIsNow.org
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.
Co-Founder & CEO of Habu
Matt Kilmartin is passionate about entrepreneurship and developing technology to help brands in their digital transformation... so much so that he has dedicated 20 years of his career working for innovative software and data companies. He has held a variety of executive leadership roles at Salesforce, Krux, and Akamai.
One of his most meaningful achievements was to lead Krux's go-to-market efforts from less than $1 million in revenue to an $800 million acquisition by Salesforce in less than 5 years.
Today, in the face of massive disruption that is impacting digital marketing, Matt's goal is to help brands enable privacy safe data collaboration that respects consumers, while also evolving their data driven marketing efforts.