The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Riz Akbar, Head of eCommerce for JBS Pilgrim's, a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers and a fully integrated pork producer, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades.
Follow Riz Akbar on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/riz-akbar/
Follow JBS Pilgrim's on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/pilgrims-corp/
Follow JBS Pilgrim's online at: https://www.pilgrims.com/
Riz answers these questions:
1) Your story starts at University of Panjab, then you became a finance professional eventually emerging as an ecommerce leader. Decompose this for our audience and tell us how all this change came to be.
2) In your opinion, what are the key components of a successful omnichannel B2B perishable food business?
3) How is JBS Pilgrims working to ensure it is ecommerce & omnichannel ready = what are specific initiatives or actions you have taken?
4) DTC - it seems every brand is focused on delivering some sort of direct partnership with the consumer especially if subscription oriented. How are you focused on it?
5) How are you focused on building a team and what does your team specifically focus on - is it knowledge or revenue?
6) How is UGC important to you and the brands you support. Since you are primarily B2B is the type of content different that B2C?
7) The pandemic has obviously changed shopper behavior for good it seems - do you agree. In the role you play, how are you responding to this and preparing for the transformation?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
CPG Guys on Instagram: https://instagram.com/cpgguys
Please follow the Network of Executive Women at http://newonline.org/cpgguys
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.