The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Ryan Mayward, VP of Ad Sales at Instacart, the leading online grocery platform in North America. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada.
Follow Ryan Mayward on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-mayward-b67458/
Follow Instacart on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/instacart/
Follow Instacart online at: https://www.instacart.com/company
Ryan answers these questions:
1) please share with us an overview of your professional journey and what intrigued you enough to join Instacart last year?
2) Your colleague Josh Rider joined us in 2020 as Instacart was introducing its ad platform. Would you please provide us with an update on the reach of your marketplace: audience size, retailers, engagement?
3) Recently, Instacart announced the introduction of brand pages. Would you please explain this to our audience and what needs were you trying to help solve for brands through it?
4) You also promote that Instacart is offering new full funnel marketing capabilities to brands. Please enlighten our audience as to these solutions
5) Instacart also recently announced that you are piloting new shoppable display and video ad products, two areas we’ve been deeply investigating on this podcast. Can you tell us more, and walk us through how these will fit into Instacart’s full-funnel advertising strategy?
6) I’d love to dig into measurement. How are brands measuring success on Instacart? What kinds of metrics are becoming more important to advertisers in the e-commerce space?
7) How do brands access your retail media platform? Is it all directly through you or are they able to leverage any 3rd party ad management platforms and how does your team support their investment needs?
8) Online grocery is still fairly new in the e-commerce space. What is Instacart’s approach to improving the consumer experience? How are you investing in this area?
9) What about affordability and accessibility for consumers, especially considering the current economic climate?
10) We’re seeing more and more retail media networks appear and you recently launched Carrot Ads as part of your new Instacart Platform. Can you tell us about Instacart Platform and Carrot Ads and how this benefits your retail partners?
11) Anything you can share with us about where you are looking to build more capabilities for brands to engage Instacart shoppers? What’s next for Instacart Ads in 2022?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://fmcgguys.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.