The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Kristi Argyilan, SVP & Head of Albertsons Media Collective, the retail media arm for Albertsons Companies.
Follow Kristi Argyilan on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristiargyilan/
Follow Albertsons Media Collective on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/albertsons-media-collective/
Follow Albertsons Media Collective online at: http://albertsonsmediacollective.com
Part I with Evan Hovorka - http://cpgguys.com/amc-pacvue/
Part II with Claire Wyatt - http://cpgguys.com/claire-wyatt/
Kristi answers these questions:
1) Please walk us through some of the pivotal professional experiences that developed your subject matter expertise in the field of retail media
2) In July of 2021, you were presented with the opportunity to join the Albertsons Companies in creating what is now known as Albertsons Media Collective. What was appealing about this opportunity?
3) When you build a retail media platform from the ground up, you have to start with talent. How did you go about assembling the team that would build a best-in-class platform?
4) What were the core elements of the platform that you determined needed to be included in the offering that would be meaningful to brands?
5) We've heard some of your colleagues describe Albertsons Media Collective as having "late mover advantage." Would you describe how this comes to life and why brands should consider this advantageous?
6) What types of partnerships were you looking to create to make Albertsons Media Collective attractive for brands to invest in you, specifically with respect to offsite programmatic and advertising management?
7) Your colleague Claire Wyatt was a recent guest on the podcast and she described the importance of measuring not just ROAS but incrementality. Would you please explain why this is important for you to attract brand investments?
8) As we record this episode, you are preparing to speak at Advertising Week in NYC about how retail data is making better marketers. What are the key themes of your presentation?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.
SVP - Head of Albertsons Media Collective
At Albertsons, Kristi is leading the launch of Albertsons Retail Media Network, transitioning the business inhouse and partnering with CPGs/endemic partners as well as non-endemic marketers to help brands build their businesses through Albertsons AdTech/MarTech platforms and rich first party data. This is a new strategic pillar for Albertsons as they continue to build deep, lasting relationships with their customers and drive long term profitable growth for partners and the company.
Prior to that, Kristi spent time at Bed Bath & Beyond as SVP of Brand Innovation to lead the innovation arm of the BBBY Brand team advancing key capabilities, developing new programs and services to build customer loyalty, and creating new ways to leverage brand marketing channels.
She also spent time at Target, originally as Senior Vice President of Media beginning in July 2014, spearheading Target’s enterprise media strategy to drive the balance of ‘Math & Magic’ through the capabilities of Communications Strategy, All Digital & Traditional Media Channels, Guest Engagement, and Measurement while also building Target’s vendor marketing into Target Media Network, Target’s entry into the publishing business. Kristi was then elevated to President, Roundel as TMN was elevated as a strategic priority for Target and the rebranding to Roundel under her leadership marked the elevation of this business in its importance to Target and the advertising industry. While at Target, Kristi and her team’s work received industry recognition including: TR Top Women in Retail, CSA Top Women in Tech, Digiday People Based Marketing Pioneer, MMA Media Company of the Year, MMA Global Marketer of the Year, Digital 40 over 40, Internationalist Next 50, Brand Innovators Top 100 Women in Brand Marketing.
Prior to Target, Kristi held multiple roles at Mediabrands including leading global brands Microsoft and Schwab with her final role as President of MAGNA Global North America leading Automated Marketplace Development including Cadreon. She has also spent time at highly regarded Creative Agencies working on marquis brands including Nike, Starbucks, Fidelity, Dunkin Donuts, got milk?, HP and eBay. Among many accolades, Kristi has been named by AD AGE as a Media Maven and a Woman to Watch.