Trigger Warning: Infertility
I had the pleasure of chatting to Samantha Busch in this episode Strength, Empowerment, and Community. I was so excited when I approached Samantha to see if she might be happy to speak with me, and I was really moved by her honesty and openness as she shared her story with me. I hope this episode will be an encouragement to you!
Samantha Busch is a wife (to NASCAR champion Kyle Busch), mother, author, entrepreneur, lifestyle blogger, infertility warrior, philanthropist and co-owner of a professional race team. Busch’s first book, Fighting Infertility, was published on March 30, 2021.
In this episode, we speak about:
• The support and blessing of connection within the Infertility Community
• How Samantha and Kyle manage their relationship
• What going through Secondary infertility is like
• Why ‘just adopt’ is such an unhelpful comment for everyone involved
• The importance of being aware of how each person deals with their feelings and having compassion within relationships and with ourselves
• How discussing boundaries with friends and family actually creates less awkward or hurtful situations in the long run
• The items in Samantha’s Life Raft and how her faith plays a massive role of comfort
• Samantha’s Bundle of Joy Foundation positive impacts on children AND parents
• Finding humor and joy in the small things, as well as the importance of taking everything day by day, one step at at time
• and more!
“Before you’re even going to start trying, you need to know the cards you're dealt.”
“I do find advice from the fertility community from people who have gone through it to be helpful...but I caution people both on social and in the book, it’s okay if you don’t know what to say, but don’t try to fill that void with unsolicited advice. That doesn’t help someone who’s tried it all.”
“Just to have that sense of connection and somewhere you can go to turn your problems over and get that guidance and feel filled up. I think sometimes when you’re going through struggles you just feel so empty, and then when you go to church and you hear the word and that message, it fills you up and lifts your spirits and helps you keep fighting through each day.”
“Nothing about infertility is easy so you have to do everything you can do to find that comfort, love, and support to manage it.”
“I honestly think for any woman going through infertility, you are so much stronger than you know. When you look back on what you’ve had to face and overcome and still keep moving forward, it’s very powerful. It’s easy to feel defeated or broken or less than when you’re going through infertility, but when you take a step back and see it all, it’s something you should be proud of.”
Connect with Samantha:
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/samanthabusch
Website - https://www.samanthabusch.com
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/samanthabusch
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mrssamanthabusch
Thank you for listening to the Fertility Life Raft! I would love for you to share this episode and let me know what you think! Join our Instagram community for more support: www.instagram.com/thisisalicerose . As always please take a moment to rate and review right now or half way through or at the end - it makes the world of difference!! Thank you so much to everyone who has already.
About Alice Rose
Hi! I'm Alice and I am on a mission to support and empower anyone trying to grow their family (and while I’m at it, changing the social narrative we see around fertility too...) Learn more about me at www.thisisalicerose.com
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices