Matt Little is one of the world´s most renowned S&C Coaches.
He´s worked with Andy Murray for the past 14 years, through the highs and lows of 3 Grand Slam titles, 2 Olympic gold medals, a Davis Cup win and career-threatening injuries.
Matt was by Murray´s side through two hip surgeries, his gruelling recovery and inspiring return to tennis.
He´s just released a new book, The Way of the Tortoise: Why You Have to Take the Slow Lane to Get Ahead.
In today´s episode, Matt chats to CTC Host Dan Kiernan about working with Andy, his career in S&C, and gives some fascinating insight into :-
- His journey from young tennis player to coaching a World Number 1.
- How he prepares himself to watch Murray´s matches.
- How his role in Andy Murray´s team has developed through the years.
- What working with Murray in 2016 was really like!
- The impact Murray´s hip injuries had on the team, and how rewarding his return to tennis has been.
- The importance of soft skills in coaching.
- Why he recommends young tennis & S&C coaches find their own niche in tennis.
- The inspiration for his new book The Way of the Tortoise.
- What´s next for S&C in tennis.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:-
The Way of the Tortoise: Why You Have to Take the Slow Lane to Get Ahead by Matt Little
Andy Murray: Resurfacing
Episode 86: Jez Green - Building a Body of a Champion