Today we are talking about influencer marketing—specifically micro and nano influencers. Joining Sarah Panus is the sassy and smart Kelly Olexa of the Kelly O Show podcast. Kelly has a ton of experience with influencer marketing, having owned and run a successful influencer fitness company (which is when she and I first met/started working together), and she’s now a Director at an influencer company that helps brands and influencers collaborate, called Lumanu.
TOPICS DISCUSSED DURING PODCAST EPISODE
- Why influencer marketing is successful.
- What should brands avoid to help them be more successful with influencers?
- Developing long-term relationships with influencers for stronger results.
- Working with micro and nano influencers.
- Examples of brands who effectively tap into micro or nano influencers.
- How influencers can help add a layer of empathy to a brand's content strategy.
- Ideal scenarios of when a brand should use micro and nano influencers.
- What factors brands should consider when researching and evaluating potential micro and nano influencers.
- What Lumanu is seeing regarding paid social distribution of influencer content to reach more people.
- How to measure influencer success.
- Kelly's answer to Sarah's question about a mistake made in her career and how you can all learn from it.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE
- Learn more about Lumanu's whitelisting influencer capabilities at https://www.lumanu.com/
- Website: www.kellyolexa.com
- The Kelly O Show podcast http://thekellyoshow.com/
- Connect with Kelly Olexa on Social: YouTube Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Instagram Pinterest
READY TO REDUCE STRESS, CLAIFY YOUR BRAND STORYTELLING STRATEGY?
A more focused and aligned brand storytelling marketing strategy is right around the corner! If you’re looking for a quick brand storytelling framework template to plug and play, I’ve got your back. I created this affordable PowerPoint template, with the above five essentials, to help you easily and quickly create your own Brand Storytelling Blueprint®. All you have to do is follow the prompts, update with your brand’s info, and bam—you have your own brand storytelling framework to follow and use for team alignment. LEARN MORE
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, podcast host, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations how to think like Editorial Directors to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.