EP 102. Influence vs. Influencer Marketing. Do you currently use or want to use influencers in your storytelling plans to attract new and repeat customers? The reality is many marketers still think about influencers wrong, and they're missing the huge landscape of opportunities to influence their audiences. Sarah shares her favorite influence marketing conversations from the last two years to help you define the best way you should be using influencers.
Keeping on with our celebration of 2 years of sharing the expertise of some amazing guests, this episode is honoring one of the newer types of marketing: influence marketing.
This mashup of five segments features memorable insights from our host Sarah Panus, and guests that will change the way you think about influencers. After listening, you’ll understand the difference between influencer vs. influence marketing, and what adding influencers into your storytelling plan can do for your brand’s growth.
Sarah starts the show by defining the six categories of influencers (including her favorite type), and sharing several ideas on how you can start using these influencers in your brand storytelling.
Influencers can help ANY brand, so this is an episode for everyone!
Links to Listen to FULL episodes highlighted in episode 101 of the Marketing With Empathy® podcast:
To view the full original podcast episodes mentioned in today's episode go to:
- Episode 7 with Sarah Panus outlining 6 categories of influencers: https://www.podpage.com/marketing-with-empathy/7-is-influencer-marketing-right-for-your-brand-social-influencers/
- Episode 17 with Kelly Olexa about micro and nano influencers: https://www.podpage.com/marketing-with-empathy/17-influencer-marketing-micronano-influencers-with-kelly-olexa-lumanu/
- Episode 19 with Jason Falls about influence vs. influencer: https://www.podpage.com/marketing-with-empathy/19-influence-vs-influencer-marketing-with-jason-falls/
- Episode 29 with Sarah Panus about customers as influencers: https://www.podpage.com/marketing-with-empathy/29-ways-to-use-customers-in-your-influence-marketing-plans/
- Episode 35 with Chris Wallace of Innerview about engaging your frontline employees as influencers: https://www.podpage.com/marketing-with-empathy/35-selling-your-brand-story-through-your-employees-chris-wallace-innerview/
FREE CONTENT PLANNING DOWNLOAD
Go here https://view.flodesk.com/pages/6161f93cc71e8685f183c63e for 3 Ways to Improve Your Content Strategy This Year, packed with tips and actionable advice that I’ve learned and mastered over the last 20 years.
Looking to humanize your brand, connect with your audience, and attract top-funnel leads to drive bottom-funnel results? Sign up for my 3-month Brand Storytelling Academy program: https://www.kindredspeak.com/apply
ABOUT PODCAST HOST, SARAH PANUS
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations how to think like Editorial Directors to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at http://www.kindredspeak.com.
This episode was produced by Podcast Boutique http://www.podcastboutique.com