Simplecast makes podcast management easy
While not the most cost effective podcast hosting platform, Simplecast prides themselves on being an essential resource for podcasters that want to grow their podcasts. Monthly packages start at $15/month and scales up from there, with growth plans starting at $85/month.
As an independent podcast hosting platform, they power podcasts from some major corporations, such as Nike, McAfee, Showtime, Medium, TechCrunch, and much more. The company has only been in operation since 2016, but they’ve moved quickly to become a behemoth by offering industry-leading publishing, distribution, analytics, and sharing tools. Their goal is to provide an opportunity for podcasters to press one button and reach a massive audience.
In comparison to most other podcast platforms, Simplecast presents themself as a technology company, offering the most robust audio streaming infrastructure available. Their analytics platform is in-depth and targets growth-minded podcasters. They even have a show migrator tool to transition podcasters from wherever they are to simplecast in one easy step.
Why you should have a separate podcast website
It's critical for every podcast to have a real website. Having a website gives you a huge opportunity. Here are some of the benefits:
- You should own your relationship with your listeners
- Websites are universally accessible
- Many new listeners start with Google
- You should own the top spot on Google
- Generate traffic with the best SEO for podcasts practices
- If you own the top spot in Google, you’ll get more listeners through organic searches
- You should control how you introduce your show
- A website makes things simpler for your listeners
- A website gives you a place to post transcripts
- A website allows you to give listeners other ways to interact
The problem is, most podcast hosts (not just Simplecast), don't provide a web experience that accomplishes even half of what's on the list above. Most hosts don't offer the necessary podcast SEO tips that help your show thrive.
What core features do you get with a better website?
Podpage makes it simple to take your Simplecast feed and use it to generate a fully functional podcast website in less than 5 minutes. In just a few clicks you will have:
- A search engine optimized website that automatically stays up to date and has SEO for podcasts build in.
- A customizable home page showing your latest episodes, player links, media players, and podcast reviews.
- A dedicated page for every single episode showing show notes, a media player, show notes, and if you'd like, a transcript. New episode pages are created automatically.
- An about page where you can describe what your podcast is about and a little about yourself.
- A contact form so listeners can get in touch with you.
- A way to ask listeners for their email address so you can form a direct connection with them.
- Additional pages for donations, memberships, blog posts, e-commerce, and the ability to add any pages you want.
How to create a website in 5 minutes with no technical knowledge
Let's do this. You don't need a credit card, or to sign up for a trial, or create an account to see what your website could look like. Just go to the Podpage Preview tool and type in your podcast's name. Within a minute, you'll get a demo of your new website.
Try it! It's free!Preview your Podcast Website
Not convinced? Check out some Simplecast best podcast websites
These are just some of the many Simplecast-hosted podcasts that have chosen to upgrade their website to a Podpage.