WELCOME to the Shining Brightly Show!
I am Howard Brown, Mr Shining Brightly your host, guide and master of ceremonies each week. Each episode will feature the human resolve of resilience and hope. The goal of each show is to motivate, educate and inspire you for self-improvement of mind, body and spirt, better lifestyle decisions, balance work life balance and giving back to others and our communities.
My broad array of contacts around the world will join me to talk about gratitude, burnout, empowerment, resilience, addiction, self-care, cancer, caregiving, sports, relationships, community service, happiness and so much more. So come SHINE with ME!
We all get knocked down in work, family, health and in life. The question for all of us is - how do you get back up again? I been knocked down to my core - emotionally, physically, financially and in relationships. I have learned and teach that cancer and life are team sports.
1) You cannot and should not go at it alone. Take help from friends, family, colleagues and even strangers.
2) Build your mental and physical toughness by finding your "happy place". Mine is on the basketball court and yours could be hiking, music, and yoga many others. Find your happy place and go there often.
3) You must lift-up yourself via self-care. How is your work-life balance, health, relationships and finances? Are there areas you need to focus on or improve?
4) Once you have taken care of yourself, it is time to lift-up others. There are so many ways to help others in need like being a good listener, offer positive affirmation, help a neighbor, volunteer, donate to a heartfelt cause, visit someone who is ill, plant a tree and so much more.
5) Let's "Shine Brightly" a little more each day to become a force-multiplier for good and positive change for ourselves, others and our communities.
6) Shining brightly everyday will make the world a better place!
May 31, 2023
Drug and Alcohol ADDICTION is real for many people and families. In Episode 29 of the Shining Brightly Podcast show, I welcome a 36 YEAR CLEAN and SOBER addict Candace Plattor who shares her impactful story of misdiagnosis o…
May 24, 2023
In this fun filled Episode 28 of the Shining Brightly Podcast Show Why it’s best to Date Like a Caveman, my guest is the amazing author, speaker, radio host and coach - Linda Gross. We dive right in to learn about what a ge…
May 10, 2023
Episode Summary – When a person hears about a cancer diagnosis, it affects them, theirs families and friends thus the title coined by Lee’s wife, Linda Silverstein – “WE HAVE CANCER”. As fighting cancer IS and MUST BE a TEAM…
May 10, 2023
Episode Summary – Have you ever met someone who has been human trafficked? I said NO but I was wrong. In this VERY important Episode 26 of the Shining Brightly Podcast Show, my guest and human trafficking survivor is Amanda…
May 3, 2023
In this fast-moving Episode 25 of the Shining Brightly Podcast Show – THE LAWS OF LIFE, my amazing guest is Blanca Perper – “BLANCA”. She founded and created The Laws of Life Digital Marketing Agency, Studio and Television…
May 3, 2023
SPORTS BUILDS HEALTHIER AND MORE INCLUSIVE COMMUNITIES! In Episode 23 “The Poser of Sports for Good on the Shining Brightly Podcast Show, I welcome my long-time friend Roy Kessel, founder of the Sports Philanthropy Network. …
April 26, 2023
In Episode 22 of the Shining Brightly Podcast Show, I am delighted to introduce and interview my dear friend, life + career coach Orit Ramler. She is an executive coach of “Make it a Good Life“, speaker and pending author of…