How does empathetic brand storytelling work on your website? That’s what we’re talking in episode 30 of the Marketing With Empathy podcast. Copywriting expert and guest, Corrie Myers joins Sarah Panus for the discussion.
TOPICS DISCUSSED DURING THIS PODCAST EPISODE
- Why should brands incorporate storytelling on their websites?
- What are some objections Corrie’s heard about why brands don’t include storytelling on their websites?
- Where brands should start, according to Corrie.
- Examples of stories that are most effective on a website.
- Common mistakes brands make in their web copy.
- How often you should update your web content.
- Repurposing web content across other channels.
- Advice brands should consider when selecting and working with a copywriter.
- Corrie’s answer to Sarah’s hot seat question about a mistake she’s made and learned from.
ABOUT CORRIE MYERS
Corrie Myers is a web and email copywriter who helps businesses get their message across using research, stories, and personality. Her goal is to make her clients’ audiences feel seen and valued for who they are and who they want to be– and not just their gaping pain points. She is a mom and a wife and while she once thought empathy made her weak, she now believes it’s her copywriting superpower. Learn more about how her services can help you brand at https://www.corriemyers.com/.
Connect with Corrie online on instagram @corriemyers or LinkedIn @corriemyers
GET BRAND STORYTELLING EXAMPLES, ADVICE AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT- SIGN UP NOW
Content marketing and communciation professions stay informed on new brand storytelling classes, webinars, courses and brand storytelling examples. Sign up to join Sarah Panus brand storytelling newsletter. SIGN UP
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, podcast host, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations how to think like Editorial Directors to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.