Anchor might be the easiest way to make a podcast
Yet another Spotify product, Anchor is the free podcasting platform that is widely used throughout the podcast industry. They advertise it as the easiest way to create, distribute, and monetize any show.
With Anchor, everything is built-in, from uploading to recording and even editing, Anchor makes it easy to create and publish episodes.
From the financial perspective, it is hard to compete with free, so Anchor gives a base-level of tools that any podcaster can use to enhance their brand. Not surprisingly, nearly 80% of new podcasts get created on Anchor and they make switching to their platform a very simple process with everything powered by Spotify. Even their hosting is free!
With those free aspects come limitations, though, in terms of the tools offered to grow a podcast into a successful business, which is why Spotify also has Megaphone as their premium option for podcasters to take their podcasts to new heights.
Why you should have a separate podcast website
It's critical for every podcast to have a real website. Having a website gives you a huge opportunity. Here are some of the benefits:
- You should own your relationship with your listeners
- Websites are universally accessible
- Many new listeners start with Google
- You should own the top spot on Google
- Generate traffic with the best SEO for podcasts practices
- If you own the top spot in Google, you’ll get more listeners through organic searches
- You should control how you introduce your show
- A website makes things simpler for your listeners
- A website gives you a place to post transcripts
- A website allows you to give listeners other ways to interact
The problem is, most podcast hosts (not just Anchor), don't provide a web experience that accomplishes even half of what's on the list above. Most hosts don't offer the necessary podcast SEO tips that help your show thrive.
What core features do you get with a better website?
Podpage makes it simple to take your Anchor feed and use it to generate a fully functional podcast website in less than 5 minutes. In just a few clicks you will have:
- A search engine optimized website that automatically stays up to date and has SEO for podcasts build in.
- A customizable home page showing your latest episodes, player links, media players, and podcast reviews.
- A dedicated page for every single episode showing show notes, a media player, show notes, and if you'd like, a transcript. New episode pages are created automatically.
- An about page where you can describe what your podcast is about and a little about yourself.
- A contact form so listeners can get in touch with you.
- A way to ask listeners for their email address so you can form a direct connection with them.
- Additional pages for donations, memberships, blog posts, e-commerce, and the ability to add any pages you want.
How to create a website in 5 minutes with no technical knowledge
Let's do this. You don't need a credit card, or to sign up for a trial, or create an account to see what your website could look like. Just go to the Podpage Preview tool and type in your podcast's name. Within a minute, you'll get a demo of your new website.
Try it! It's free!Preview your Podcast Website
Not convinced? Check out some Anchor best podcast websites
These are just some of the many Anchor-hosted podcasts that have chosen to upgrade their website to a Podpage.