Rajesh has worked with 50+ product teams and wrote the book Build What Matters — he knows a thing or two about building great products. In this episode, Rajesh covers:
- Why pricing is such a critical component of product-market fit (and signals you may be missing the mark on PMF)
- The Kano model for product development
- How to gain insights from speaking with customers and prospects
- What is vision-led product management?
- Hiring product managers and product leaders, and org designs for growth; and more.
I loved this interview and I'm certain you'll walk away with practical learnings from this episode.
(2:34) Rajesh's Bio and about Prodify Group
(5:09) What is Product Market Fit (and why is price such an important component)?
(7:51) Where does "messaging fit in"?
(10:29) Signals that you may have PMF (and signs you might be missing it)
(13:00) Case study of company struggling with PMF — using the Kano model
(18:51) How to do customer discovery
(22:17) What is vision-led product management?
(26:40) The difficulties of category creation
(27:10) Hiring product managers
(32:23) Designing a growth org
(36:28) Should startups care about "product-ops?"
(39:38) Avoiding product bloat
(41:31) Lightning round
(45:27) Closing remarks
Buy the book — https://a.co/d/3NAQSZ8
This podcast is brought to you by grwth.co. Grwth offers fractional CMOs, paired with best-in-class digital marketing execution to support early-stage startup success. With a focus on seed and series A companies, Grwth has helped a number of SaaS, digital health, and e-commerce startups build their go-to-market function and scale up.
To learn more and book a free consultation, go to grwth.co.