Heather & Sarah Panus dig into the idea that empathy and storytelling means you have to bring your most authentic self to work every single day.
Heather Cmiel is a global marketing communications strategist for 3M. Currently, she spends her days educating clinicians about how 3M solutions fit into their spectrum of care and uses storytelling to fuel discussions around everything from the realities of working in a COVID ward to the intersection and relationship of skin integrity and adhesive products. Heather believes stories have tremendous power and directly influence decision making.
She also believes good brand storytelling starts with understanding who you are as a person. So, Heather & Sarah Panus dig into the idea that empathy and storytelling means you have to bring your most authentic self to work every single day.
TOPICS COVERED DURING THIS EPISODE
- What role storytelling plays in Heather's overall communication's strategy.
- Examples of brand stortyelling to help increase engagement and drive action with your target audience.
- Different ways to help connect the value of storytelling to your brand's business objectives.
- Why empathy and storytelling means you have to bring your most authentic self to work every single day. Good storytelling starts with understanding who you are as a person.
- What inspires creativity for Heather Cmiel.
- A mistake Heather made that you can learn from.
LINKS MENTIONED IN PODCAST EPISODE
- Connect with Heather Cmiel on LinkedIn
- Follow Heather Cmiel on instagram
- If you're a foodie in Minnesota, check out Heather's @eastsideeatsmn instagram page
AFFORDABLE BRAND STORYTELLING FRAMEWORK POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
A more focused and aligned brand storytelling marketing strategy is right around the corner! If you’re looking for a quick brand storytelling framework template to plug and play, I’ve got your back. I created this affordable PowerPoint template, with the above five essentials, to help you easily and quickly create your own Brand Storytelling Blueprint®. All you have to do is follow the prompts, update with your brand’s info, and bam—you have your own brand storytelling framework to follow and use for team alignment. LEARN MORE
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, podcast host, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations how to think like Editorial Directors to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.