Acast is the home of podcasting
Smaller than the biggest players in the podcast platform industry, Acast is home to some very successful podcasts, like WTF from Marc Maron and That Peter Crouch Podcast. Nearly 100,000 podcasts are on the platform and with tools for hosting and distribution, promotion, analytics, and monetization, Acast is worthy of careful consideration from any podcaster.
As with all the podcast platform players, Acast makes it easy for podcasters to publish on every platform with world-class hosting. Everywhere from Apple and Spotify to Samsung Free is covered within Acast’s publishing tools.
With so much competition in the space, Acast has a simple, 3-step process for switching to their platform and focused on helping podcasters make more money through their Acast+ program for subscription and dynamic ad insertion. Starting at $15/month for their Influencer plan is both competitive with the industry and approachable for podcasters.
Why you should have a separate podcast website
It's critical for every podcast to have a real website. Having a website gives you a huge opportunity. Here are some of the benefits:
- You should own your relationship with your listeners
- Websites are universally accessible
- Many new listeners start with Google
- You should own the top spot on Google
- Generate traffic with the best SEO for podcasts practices
- If you own the top spot in Google, you’ll get more listeners through organic searches
- You should control how you introduce your show
- A website makes things simpler for your listeners
- A website gives you a place to post transcripts
- A website allows you to give listeners other ways to interact
The problem is, most podcast hosts (not just Acast), don't provide a web experience that accomplishes even half of what's on the list above. Most hosts don't offer the necessary podcast SEO tips that help your show thrive.
What core features do you get with a better website?
Podpage makes it simple to take your Acast feed and use it to generate a fully functional podcast website in less than 5 minutes. In just a few clicks you will have:
- A search engine optimized website that automatically stays up to date and has SEO for podcasts build in.
- A customizable home page showing your latest episodes, player links, media players, and podcast reviews.
- A dedicated page for every single episode showing show notes, a media player, show notes, and if you'd like, a transcript. New episode pages are created automatically.
- An about page where you can describe what your podcast is about and a little about yourself.
- A contact form so listeners can get in touch with you.
- A way to ask listeners for their email address so you can form a direct connection with them.
- Additional pages for donations, memberships, blog posts, e-commerce, and the ability to add any pages you want.
How to create a website in 5 minutes with no technical knowledge
Let's do this. You don't need a credit card, or to sign up for a trial, or create an account to see what your website could look like. Just go to the Podpage Preview tool and type in your podcast's name. Within a minute, you'll get a demo of your new website.
Try it! It's free!Preview your Podcast Website
Not convinced? Check out some Acast best podcast websites
These are just some of the many Acast-hosted podcasts that have chosen to upgrade their website to a Podpage.