Follow Whitney Cooper on LinkedIn at:
Follow Walmart on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/walmart/
Follow Walmart Connect on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/walmart-connect/
Follow Walmart online at: http://walmart.com
Follow Walmart Connect online at: http://walmartconnect.com
This episode is sponsored by NielsenIQ and was recorded on stage at the NielsenIQ Consumer 360 Conference #360
Whitney answers these questions:
1) Whitney, happy to share the stage with you here as the CPGGUYS - you are a repeat guest now of the CPGGUYS with 3 episodes. We are pleased to have just had Seth Dallaire on episode 200 on May 18th later this week. You are 2 episodes away from hitting 5 and getting the special HOF CPGGUYS jacket designed for superstars. You recently got promoted to a new role as Sr Director of transformation and commercialization. Your remit has recently expanded, talk to us about this and commercialization at Walmart? What are the core responsibilities of this role?
2) Its undeniable that the pandemic shaped the future of omnichannel commerce. From your perspective what are the key components playing out over the last 2 years that have helped this acceleration?
3) It seems like retail media is everywhere and every retailer has a platform these days. Why are some platforms more important than others and what are the core components of a successful retail media platform?
4) What is the connection between Take me to Walmart physical and digital when it comes to shoppers? Should CPG brands now pay attention to the store shelf connected closely to the digital shelf? What is the role of content therefore?
5) Retail media and digital advertising - is it all about the lower funnel conversion? Does audience engagement and acquisition triumph conversion?
6) Tell us all about Walmart luminate. Walmart luminate is now starting to touch brands in their every day decision making. What is your advice to brands on how they should be leveraging this incredible capability?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.
Senior Director - Omnichannel Transformation & Commercialization at Walmart
As Senior Director of Omnichannel Transformation and Commercialization, Whitney acts as a catalyst to drive change and create new ways of operating across the Walmart Enterprise. Positioned at the intersection of Merchandising, Marketing, and Walmart Media Group- Whitney focuses on next gen business building, retail media strategy, and operationalizing a new One Walmart way of working both internally and externally with Walmart’s suppliers.
Prior to Walmart, Whitney spent four years at Kellogg’s in various roles across Shopper Marketing and eCommerce, including her most recent as Director of Omnichannel eCommerce for North America where she was led Kellogg’s eCommerce business across all Omni retailers, Retail Media partnerships, eComm price pack architecture strategy and third party relationships with Instacart and Shipt. Prior to making the jump to CPG, Whitney spent over a decade on the agency side working across the entire offline + online path to purchase in various strategy and account leadership roles.