If you are a normo like I am, you'll be watching at least one horror movie every day for the month of October (I already watch about 8 - 10 a month as it is, but that's for another conversation.) Did you know we've covered horror in the past? Maybe you wanna watch some horror and then listen to some pals unpack the feelings in said movie! Well you're in luck.
- Our very first episode was about Jaws (back when we were called Why Are Dads). It's equal parts summer movie and horror. In a lot of ways it's a slasher, and in other ways it's about the horror of government ineptitude.
- We've talked about one of our all-time favorites, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Our love for this movie is the cornerstone of our friendship. And! It's about parental ineptitude!
- We covered Frankenstein  and then Young Frankenstein in the same episode, and our new name is a Young Frankenstein reference!
- Remember that time we talked the Sawniverse with NEW YORK TIMES COLUMNIST JAMELLE BOUIE?
- This isn't an episode about horror, but we talked a lot about death in this bonus and a lot of people told us it was helpful in one way or another.
- "Clarice Starling was a revelation while the portrayal of 'Buffalo Bill' became a bane for many trans people coming of age." We talked The Silence of the Lambs with our great friend Harmony Colangelo.
- We talked about The Shining, page to screen, not long ago. It got personal for us both, which is something we really enjoy in an episode.
This one, about The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, is a big fan favorite. The best feedback we've gotten is "I'm never going to see it but I still loved your conversation!" We were joined by our friend Brad Bannon.