The CPG Guys Sri & PVSB welcome Chieh Huang, co-founder & CEO of Boxed.com for this episode.
Chieh co-founded Boxed.com 8 years ago. He holds a bachelors degree from Johns Hopkins and a law degree from Fordham.
Follow The CPG Guys on LinkedIn at http://www.LinkedIn.com/company/cpgpodcast
Questions Chieh answers include:
- Your career was born into the legal field early and then passed Astro Ape & Zynga? How was Boxed born?
- What is the mission of boxed.com and what consumer needs does it fulfill? Is it a club/value ecosystem?
- With the rapid growth of eCommerce in 2020, how is boxed keeping up with increased demand and fulfillment needs?
- What tools, avenues and vehicles does Boxed use to reach the consumer? What is your philosophy of value for the consumer?
- How are brand partnerships established with boxed? Is it a rigid criteria?
- What opportunities do brands have to highlight themselves on boxed? Is retail media a capability? How does a brand execute against this?
- What’s the role of content - digital shelf SEO copy, title, bullet points...what matters?
- The pandemic had a significant impact on manufacturer supply chain capabilities including private label. How did Boxed manage consumer expectations around OOS and how did you keep consumers engaged when they might not have been able to source products from you?
- How do you bring on new assortment from brands? Can brands bring on exclusive assortment only sold on boxed?
- Hacking growth in ecommerce requires a deep focus on numbers - what are the metrics that should matter to brands selling on boxed?
To access all of The CPG Guys content, visit http://cpgguys.com
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.