The CPG Guys speak with Kristin Wolf, SVP Enterprise Strategy & Transformation at Ulta Beauty, the largest U.S. beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services.
Follow Kristin Wolf on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristinwolf-ub/
Follow Ulta Beauty on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ulta/
Follow Ulta Beauty online at: https://www.ulta.com/company/about-us
Kristin answers these questions:
1) Kristin, why don’t we start with your career journey? What are some of the pivotal experiences that you see as being critical to developing the skills needed to succeed in your current position at Ulta Beauty?
2) You joined Ulta in August of 2019, shortly before the beginning of the Covid pandemic. What were some of the most significant implications to your strategic plans that the pandemic brought and how did you go about to confront these challenges?
3) How do you see innovation as the fuel that drives business transformation and forward momentum?
4) Why do retailers need to leverage transformation as a core tenant of a successful enterprise strategy to deliver on or exceed business goals while enhancing brand reputation?
5) Recently, Ulta announced Q3 results which included comp store sales growth of 14.6%. How is Ulta’s strategy on driving in-store sales delivering such tremendous results?
6) Specifically as it relates to omnichannel customer experience, how are you focused on delivering the powerful content component to the in-store shopping experience that people browsing online get from realtime access to images, videos, UGC, etc?
7) How is Ulta’s new retail media platform UB Media contributing to the strategic imperatives of your business?
8) Where are some of the focus areas for your future strategic development that we should be watching in 2023?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://nexupisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.