The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Parag Shah, Vice President of Center Store Merchandising & Omnichannel Growth for The Giant Company, a division of Ahold Delhaize with nearly 200 stores operating in PA, NJ, VA, MD & WV.
Follow Parag Shah on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paragshahmba/
Follow The Giant Company on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-giant-company/
Follow The Giant Company online at: https://giantfoodstores.com/
Parag answers these questions:
1) You have been trained the classic way - i.e. brick & mortar, but today you are a true omnichannel center store merchant leader. Take us through your career evolution and experiences that got you here in this senior role.
2) What are you seeing these days, rapid omnichannel growth or has it really slowed down since covid ended and is it a permanent tilt to digital/ecommerce?
3) What is your thoughts on the basics of success in a digital world? Does content matter, how are you leading this for Giant foods?
4) Believe you have responsibility to develop the click & collect business as well. Please share what different skills are needed for that vs home delivery?
5) We believe to win in the omnichannel world, one has to still be an expert at the basics - category management, shelf management and optimization. Would love to learn your views here on category management in a finite shelf vs infinite digital world.
6) Lets talk assortment. What is the importance of assortment in a post covid world? How does the digital world influence what you put in store? Does store traffic and patterns drive assortment?
7) What’s next for retail? Where should the focus be? Talk to us about store traffic and how the world of displays and impulse arrangements is changing?
8) What is your personal advice for other omnichannel merchant leaders leading center store like you?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.