The CPG Guys, PVSB and Sri are joined in this episode by Matthew A. Smith, director, marketplace strategy & business development for food, consumables, health & wellness at Walmart Marketplace, the 3P online seller marketplace at the world’s most elite retailer.
Follow Matthew on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matasmit
Follow Walmart Marketplace on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/walmart-marketplace/
Follow Walmart Marketplace online at: http://marketplace.walmart.com
Learn more about Walmart Fulfillment Services at: https://marketplace.walmart.com/walmart-fulfillment-services/
Learn to sell on Walmart Marketplace here: https://marketplace.walmart.com/sell-your-products-online-with-walmart/?utm_source=corporate&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Open_Call
Matt answers these questions:
1) You of course came on the show way back representing Walmart connect, back then Walmartmedia and its capabilities. Since then, your role has changed. What exactly is your new role?
2) Decompose the marketplace platform for our audience. Who buys, who sells, what is your role in this with buyers and sellers?
3) Are there Walmart connect opportunities in the marketplace? When can we expect this evolution?
4) How fast is this marketplace growing, and how does one enroll to be part of it selling products? Can a 1P supplier sell on this platform?
5) Why do you believe this is the next frontier and who do you recommend should connect with you/the marketplace? What sort of brands are ideal for this?
6) Take our audience through all the various services you offer, and a highlight of successful partnerships you have had with brands?
7) How does a brand scale on this platform?
8) What’s your big announcement about #walmartopencall ?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://fmcgguys.com
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.
Director, Marketplace Strategy & Business Development at Walmart
Director, Marketplace Strategy & Business Development - Food, Consumables, Health & Beauty at Walmart