The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Dave Sommer Director, CPG, Retail Partnerships, Shopper Marketing and eCommerce at Facebook. Founded in 2004, Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. People use Facebook's apps and technologies to connect with friends and family, find communities and grow businesses.
Follow Dave Sommer on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidsommer1/
Follow Facebook on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/facebook/
Learn about Facebook's ad solutions online at: https://www.facebook.com/business/
Dave answers these questions:
1) Why don’t you start with informing our audience about the core set of advertising tools you offer to brands & retailers based on their marketing objectives and what kind of targeting capabilities are they able to leverage?
2) IOS/COOKIES CHANGES: Our audience is quite familiar with all of the changes taking place with the ability to target consumers for digital media through cookies and through Apple’s iOS. What’s changed or will be changing about the ability to target content delivery on Facebook, Instagram and your other social media platforms?
3) Shoppable media is all the rage. Can you tell us about Facebook’s shoppable media offerings and how that plays into a brand or retailer’s advertising plan? What insights do you have on the rising importance of shoppable media?
4) How is experiential technology revamping eCommerce experiences for the better?
5) Can you break down the Facebook ad review process for our audience? How does Facebook ensure authenticity and accountability in evaluating the advertising content being submitted?
6) How do you think about DR success metrics in a post IOS14 world? How does Conversion API fit into the mix?
7) Brands & retailers are seeking to build effective loyalty mechanisms to help retain and grow their business. The plethora of digital platforms is rapidly disrupting the loyalty space. What are your thoughts on this?
8) In order for brands and retailers to prepare for the future of shopping, what steps do you recommend they take now?
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.
Chief Customer Officer at Fetch Rewards
David Sommer is the chief customer officer of Fetch Rewards.
Mr. Sommer was previously head of industry at Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc., overseeing the accounts of the company’s largest retail and consumer packaged goods clients, such as Walmart Inc. and Procter & Gamble Co. , as well as its shopper marketing efforts. He left at the end of last year and began working at Fetch the first week of January, reporting to the company’s chief executive and co-founder, Wes Schroll.