This one is all about Home Assistant. Mike gives the ins and the outs, the specs and add-ins and all that it takes to get Home Assistant up and running. So regardless of if you are using a Raspberry PI, Unraid or your own home brew,
This one is all about Home Assistant. Mike gives the ins and the outs, the specs and add-ins and all that it takes to get Home Assistant up and running. So regardless of if you are using a Raspberry PI, Unraid or your own home brew, we have you covered! All that and more!
Full show notes, transcriptions, audio and video at http://theAverageGuy.tv/hgg472
Join Jim Collison / @jcollison
and Mike Wieger / @WiegerTech
for show #472 of Home Gadget Geeks brought to you by the Average Guy Network.
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE? http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live
Podcast, Home Gadget Geeks, Home Automation, Home Assistant, automation, sensors, cloud, Hubitat, Amazon, Echo, Alexa, Google, Google Home, Home Kit
Join us in the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
On Discord at https://theaverageguy.tv/discord
Save $40 on your first Box of HelloFresh
* Running as a VM in Unraid
* You can run the Docker that is found in the Unraid App Store but it is the Core version without Hass.io so it is recommended to run it as a VM.
* There are just a few steps to get it running as a VM. Takes about 10 minutes. This video is a great guide (20) How to Install Hassio on your unRaid Server in a VM – YouTube
* Mike is using the following integrations
* Belkin Wemo
* Google Cast
* HACS – Home Assistant Community Store | HACS
* Mobile App – for family iPhones
* myQ Garage Door
* ONVIF – for compatible security cameras
* Phillips Hue
* Mike is using the following Add-ons
* Samba share
* Visual Studio Code – to easily edit your config files
* A few of Mike’s favorite automations
* When Mike’s phone gets within a certain radius of the house the garage door will open.
* If the garage is open for more than 10 minutes it will send an alert to both iPhones in the house
* Sunrise lights go off and Sunset lights come on
* When the garage opens it turns on the hallway lights by the garage on to 50% and then turns them back off after 10 minutes.
* NFC tags
* Home Assistant now supports NFC tags. You can get 30 for $10 and they setup right through the mobile app. Currently have one in the car to close the gara...