We made it! Show 500 is here! Mike spends some time talking about how is kids have gotten interested in Ham radio. Some new Ham gadgets included. Jim is trying to drop some COVID weight and is trying intermittent fasting and using the Fastic App.
We made it! Show 500 is here! Mike spends some time talking about how is kids have gotten interested in Ham radio. Some new Ham gadgets included. Jim is trying to drop some COVID weight and is trying intermittent fasting and using the Fastic App. Jim also installed a new fire pit in the backyard and added some design elements to try to make it a smokeless fire pit with some success. We wrap the show with Jim’s top 10 lessons learned from 500 episodes. Some serious and some funny. I think you will enjoy it! All that and more!
Full show notes, transcriptions (available on request), audio and video at http://theAverageGuy.tv/hgg500
Join Jim Collison / @jcollison
and Mike Wieger / @WiegerTech
for show #499 of Home Gadget Geeks brought to you by the Average Guy Network.
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE? http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live
Podcast, Home Gadget Geeks
Join us in the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
On Discord at https://theaverageguy.tv/discord
Save $40 on your first Box of HelloFresh
Get $10 when you join Coinbase and buy or sell $100 in crypto at http://theaverageguy.tv/coinbase
Show 100 – Dec 29, 2012 – The Last 100! A Look Behind and One Ahead
Show 200 – January 25, 2015 – Amber Gott from LastPass with New Features, Password Security and Multifactor Options to Keep You Secure
Show 300 – March 11, 2017 – Christian Johnson and Show 300!
Show 400 – May 5, 2019 – It’s the 400 Show! John Zajdler and Christian to Celebrate
Mike joins full time – Show 206 March 12, 2015 https://theaverageguy.tv/2015/03/14/all-omaha-podcast-new-host-john-nye-freak-update-quadcopters-vpn-solutions-and-waze-hgg206/
What I have learned about myself (and maybe the community) in 500 episodes of HGG. Top 10 list.
* I really love to be a community Manager. I love community and especially not having to be the expert
* I am a good starter – and hold on to things way too long (but I am ok with both)
* You don’t always have to have a lot to say, but can say a lot
* I am not good at reviewing stuff and really don’t want to
* I need things to be easy, I am ok with Average, but it has to work
* I have my best conversations 1 on 1 (or maybe two at most).
* My best work is when it’s as automatic as possible
* My family has really embraced the work and supported me in the process
* I should build a studio I can smoke cigars in
* You can make real friends all over the world!
* Work has made me better
Join us in the Facebook group at