Cruising can be a blast - the sun, fun and shore excursions! But what if you have celiacs, are gluten intolerant or have a food allergy? This episode covers how to eat safely on a cruise, no matter what your food allergy or issue.
In this episode, we are going to dive into how to cruise when you are gluten-free! Booking your cruise
- book online through the cruise line or your favorite website/travel agent
- after you book your ticket, make sure to call the cruise line with your itinerary cruise number and tell them you are gluten-free
Choosing Your Dining Room
- Choose one dining room you would like to eat at for the rest of the week
- meet your maitre D before the cruise starts and explain your food sensitivity /allergy/celiacs
- Be clear with him that you will be dining in that room all week for dinner
- now that you have established your dining room and met your maitre D ask about pre-order
- Choose what you want and ask if it can be modified to be gluten-free
- review your order with the maitre D or the head chef to make sure they have the correct order
- let your waiter know you have a pre-order because of a food allergy (they don't understand celiacs)
- feel free to tell the maitre d you put in your pre-order the night before and that you have a food allergy
- your food should come out with the rest of the food at your table
- look around to see what choices you can see are gluten-free (fruit, salad without dressing)
- the head chef will give you a tour of the buffet and let you know what foods are safe
Other food around the ship
- some food may be labeled gluten-free, if it isn't, as the waiter/waitress
Food off the ship
- check food blogs and Find Me Gluten Free
- Google map restaurants and call ahead, if possible, to find a food option early
Listener Shout Out! Spanish Nomad Ciudadana del Mundo. Viviendo en Mongolia.🇲🇳 Próximamente MALDIVES 🛫🏝 Visita mi blog y déjame un comentario :) Support Travel Gluten Free! For as little as $3 a month, become a show sponsor through Patreon.com
Support the podcast which supports you, Travel Gluten Free! Top View NYC Going to NYC this fall? Want to get in all the highlights on a grand tour? The tours I like are the open-air hop on, hop off bus tours.
If you are looking for the best sightseeing tour in NYC, I suggest Top View New York City. In addition to bus tours, you can tour the city with Top View New York City through cruise tours on the water
, bike tours and bike rentals as well. Click the links to book your NYC tour starting at just $29! Auto Europe With a car rental from Auto Europe, you can make changes to your rental at any time for no additional fee. If you ever need to cancel your car rental, you can do so and receive a full refund as long as it is done at least three days before the pickup date Book today to lock in these great rates! Free upgrades in select countries when you book your rental with us. Click here for 30% off car rentals in the US!
Air B'n'B Discount Looking for a warm getaway this year? Find your place to stay on Air B'n'B! Click here for a link to receive $40 credit towards your stay!
Float Away... Have you experienced floating? No? It's an experience like no other! Relax and float weightlessly in a pool of salt water. I found it very helpful for relieving the pain of Fibromyalgia! Click here to book your session with Sync Float
use code cx-604250 Journey with Travel Gluten Free on Social Media Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram On the Web
Spread the love of Travel Gluten Free podcast and share this episode with a friend