While working long hours as a consultant, Kate Flynn realized how very few convenient and healthy food choices existed. Having worked in the consumed packaged goods space, she saw there was a gap in the market, and in a true This or Something Better...
While working long hours as a consultant, Kate Flynn realized how very few convenient and healthy food choices existed. Having worked in the consumed packaged goods space, she saw there was a gap in the market, and in a true This or Something Better moment, she decided to do something about it.
The result was Sun & Swell Foods. Founded by Kate and her husband, Sun & Swell is the first food company in the US that offers a wide variety of healthy foods in 100% compostable, plastic-free packaging.
Kate believes that as a company, it is not only its responsibility to create healthier, more convenient food choices, but also to be a business that takes action to be better for people and the planet. As a Certified B Corporation, they pay attention to all aspects of their business from ingredient sourcing, and employment practices to environmental sustainability.
Kate is a passionate entrepreneur with a mission to be better and do better in all aspects of her business and life.
Kate Flynn, CEO & Co-Founder of Sun & Swell, has an MBA from Harvard, a BA from UC Santa Barbara, and a background in management consulting. She lives in Santa Barbara, CA with her husband and co-founder, Bryan, and her two children.
Several years ago, she set out to build a new kind of packaged food company – one that is better for both people and the planet. Sun & Swell uses only healthy, organic, whole foods that are free from harmful ingredients and chemical additives, and is a pioneer in the packaged food industry when it comes to using compostable packaging.
Kate has met her fair share of challenges along the road to transitioning her company to fully compostable packaging but remains focused on her goal of disrupting the food industry and pioneering a circular food system.
Connect with Kate
For 25% off your first order with Sun & Swell foods, use the promo code somethingbetter25
Support the Show
Thanks so much for listening. If you enjoy the show, you can provide support in a number of ways.
1. Shop Beautycounter- The number one way you can support the podcast is by supporting my business with Beautycounter. Use the promo code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off your first order https://www.beautycounter.com/regannelson?goto=/
2. Support my affiliate partners- I’ve partnered with brands whose products I use (and love) as an ambassador. You can support the podcast by shopping with these brands using my codes/link.
• Shop Dropps - Regan’s favorite clean and green laundry and dishwasher pods. https://dropps.pxf.io/3PYGvn. Promo code somethingbetter25 for 25% off your first order. Promo code somethingbetter15 for 15% off for existing customers
• Shop Plants By People- mixable wellness drinks that are thoughtfully crafted from 100% organic superfoods, botanicals, and adaptogens. Promo code SOMETHINGBETTER15 for 15% off our first order https://plantsbypeople.com/?rfsn=6313100.79daa7
• Shop Branch Basics- Regan’s favorite cleaning products. Promo code SOMETHINGBETTER for 15% off all Starter Kits, except the Trial Kit https://links.branchbasics.com/thisorsomethingbetter
3. Become a Patron https://www.patreon.com/thisorsomethingbetter