In 2019, just before Diana Kapp released her first book, Girls Who Run The World, Forbes released their “America’s Most Innovative Leaders” List. The list contained 99 men and just 1 woman. Upon seeing this, Diana wrote a letter to the editor,...
In 2019, just before Diana Kapp released her first book, Girls Who Run The World, Forbes released their “America’s Most Innovative Leaders” List. The list contained 99 men and just 1 woman. Upon seeing this, Diana wrote a letter to the editor, with a simple message, “we cannot see a list like this again”. Through her work as a journalist and author, Diana is changing this dialogue to be sure that female innovators and changemakers are both recognized and celebrated.
Diana’s latest book called Girls Who Green the World celebrates 34 inspiring women who are out to save the planet. In sharing their stories, Diana hopes to inspire and empower us all to take action, not only by making better individual choices but also by becoming involved in advocacy to make the policy changes that are so necessary. I have no doubt that this interview will inspire and empower you to be a changemaker.
Diana Kapp is a business journalist with an MBA from Stanford University who has written about education and entrepreneurism for most of the major media outlets, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Marie Claire.
The Story of Stuff https://www.storyofstuff.org/movies/story-of-stuff/
Connect with Diana
Support the Show
Thanks so much for listening. If you enjoy the show, you can provide support in a number of ways.
1. Shop Beautycounter- The number one way you can support the podcast is by supporting my business with Beautycounter. Use the promo code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off your first order https://www.beautycounter.com/regannelson?goto=/
2. Support my affiliate partners- I’ve partnered with brands whose products I use (and love) as an ambassador. You can support the podcast by shopping with these brands using my codes/link.
• Shop Dropps - Regan’s favorite clean and green laundry and dishwasher pods. https://dropps.pxf.io/3PYGvn. Promo code somethingbetter25 for 25% off your first order. Promo code somethingbetter15 for 15% off for existing customers
• Shop Plants By People- mixable wellness drinks that are thoughtfully crafted from 100% organic superfoods, botanicals, and adaptogens. Promo code SOMETHINGBETTER15 for 15% off our first order https://plantsbypeople.com/?rfsn=6313100.79daa7
• Shop Branch Basics- Regan’s favorite cleaning products. Promo code SOMETHINGBETTER for 15% off all Starter Kits, except the Trial Kit https://links.branchbasics.com/thisorsomethingbetter
3. Become a Patron https://www.patreon.com/thisorsomethingbetter