"When someone silences you, you don't allow them to." Lynn walks us through how to show up in the workplace with dignity and respect, and the emotional toughness needed to own your narrative when you have a seat at the table. Lynn has been a leader in Human Resources for over 10 years and shares her experience building and growing entire operations at large organizations.
In this episode we discuss,:
- The importance of mentorship as a black woman in corporate America
- Overcoming trust issues in the workplace
- Regulating your emotions in a volatile environment
- Improving your ability to navigate difficult situations
- How to respond and not react
- Being a first-generation corporate professional and preparing at an HBCU.
- The value of Historically Black Colleges and Universities for young black students
And much more!
To Join the Morning Meetup with David Shands: https://www.themorningmeetup.com/1dollartrial
Tap in with your favorite HR Connect Lynn Williams on LinkedIn at:
Connect with Arylle on LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/in/arylleyoung_
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arylleyoung_/
WORK N PLAY EQUIPMENT LIST:
Blue Yeti Podcast Microphone https://amzn.to/3q4WOa8
Ring Light https://amzn.to/3wh7wvk
Podcast Mixer https://amzn.to/3CJSwZe
Box Light https://amzn.to/3q4SXtM
To listen to the audio, click here to listen on your favorite podcast player:
Get your Corporate Exit Blueprint Free training here:
To be a guest on the Work N Play Podcast, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening!