In this episode, Apolonia talks with Ed Foulke, president of Fisher Phillips Safety Solutions and former assistant secretary of OSHA.
Topics that Ed and Apolonia discuss in this episode:
* What it was for Ed to get a call out of the blue from the White House, inviting him to work for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
* Fatalities in the workplace, including falling off ladders.
* How fatality rates in the US have plateaued.
* How safety and health have become increasingly more visible to the C-suite (CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, etc.).
* Linking sustainability to employee safety.
* The safety profession must learn how to sell safety and how to be more articulate when talking about risk.
* Leading indicators of safety versus lagging indicators of safety.
Thanks so much to Ed Foulke for being a guest!
Connect with Ed Foulke: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edfoulke.
Learn more about Fisher Phillips Safety Solutions: https://www.fisherphillips.com.
Apolonia Rockwell is the Founder and CEO of True Safety Services and True Safety University.
Learn more about “The True Safety Podcast with Apolonia Rockwell”: https://www.truesafetyservices.com/podcast.
Subscribe to Apolonia Rockwell’s YouTube channel (where we also post her podcasts): http://bit.ly/subscribe-Apolonia-Rockwell-YouTube.
True Safety Services is Colorado’s #1 provider in safety training and safety management services. Learn more about True Safety Services: https://www.truesafetyservices.com.
True Safety University is a world class virtual training platform for individuals and companies: https://www.truesafetyuniversity.com.
Connect with True Safety Services:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/truesafetyservices.
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/truesafetyservices.
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/true_safety.
Subscribe to the podcast:
* Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Apple-Podcasts.
* Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Google-Podcasts.
* Spotify: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Spotify.
* Stitcher: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Stitcher.
* Podfollow: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-PodFollow.
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.