In this episode, Apolonia talks with Shain Abdoelrahman, CEO and co-owner of Heavy Construction Academy, in Suriname (which is a country on the north coast of South America).
Apolonia and Shain explore:
* How as a young girl Shain grew up around heavy construction equipment
* How safety regulations weren’t enforced much in Suriname when Shain started working in safety, and she had to create her own safety procedures and training from scratch.
* The challenge of teaching people safety.
* Changing the mindset of workers around safety.
* How safety leaders need to have one-to-one conversations with people about safety incidents.
* Researching how people behave, and how their behavior impacts safety.
Thanks so much to Shain Abdoelrahman for being a guest! Be sure to connect with her on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shain-abdoelrahman-21620527/
Apolonia Rockwell is the Founder and CEO of True Safety Services and True Safety University.
Learn more about “The True Safety Podcast with Apolonia Rockwell”: https://www.truesafetyservices.com/podcast.
Subscribe to Apolonia Rockwell’s YouTube channel (where we also post her podcasts): http://bit.ly/subscribe-Apolonia-Rockwell-YouTube.
True Safety Services is Colorado’s #1 provider in safety training and safety management services. Learn more about True Safety Services: https://www.truesafetyservices.com.
True Safety University is a world class virtual training platform for individuals and companies: https://www.truesafetyuniversity.com.
Connect with True Safety Services:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/truesafetyservices.
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/truesafetyservices.
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/true_safety.
Subscribe to the podcast:
* Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Apple-Podcasts.
* Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Google-Podcasts.
* Spotify: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Spotify.
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.