Rachel Walla, a Safety and Industrial Hygiene Consultant with Ally Safety, comes back onto the show to talk with Apolonia.
In this episode, Rachel and Apolonia explore:
* How women in the safety industry are often overqualified, yet we still feel we have to prove ourselves to our colleagues (who happen to be mostly men).
* Rachel’s plans to film more safety videos, including ones where she tests (and destroys!) personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Rachel’s memories about filming her first (and now embarrassing) safety video, and then not filming her second video until three years later.
* Branding your safety company, and how Rachel went through a few different names before committing to calling her company Ally Safety.
* Why Rachel named her company Ally Safety: “Because I wanted us to be your ally in workplace safety.”
* There’s no clear path to ensure that your safety career is successful. It takes a lot of trial and effort, plus a ton of heart and soul.
Follow Rachel Walla on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-walla-csp-cih-80957163/
Learn more about Ally Safety: https://allysafety.com/
Apolonia Rockwell is the Founder and CEO of True Safety Services and True Safety University.
Learn more about “The True Safety Podcast with Apolonia Rockwell”: https://www.truesafetyservices.com/podcast.
Subscribe to Apolonia Rockwell’s YouTube channel (where we also post her podcasts): http://bit.ly/subscribe-Apolonia-Rockwell-YouTube.
True Safety Services is Colorado’s #1 provider in safety training and safety management services. Learn more about True Safety Services: https://www.truesafetyservices.com.
True Safety University is a world class virtual training platform for individuals and companies: https://www.truesafetyuniversity.com.
Connect with True Safety Services:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/truesafetyservices.
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/truesafetyservices.
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/true_safety.
Subscribe to the podcast:
* Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Apple-Podcasts.
* Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Google-Podcasts.
* Spotify: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Spotify.
* Stitcher: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-Stitcher.
* Podfollow: http://bit.ly/True-Safety-PodFollow.
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.
Rachel is a Safety and Industrial Hygiene Consultant with Ally Safety, on a mission to create innovative, engaging solutions for businesses through consulting, custom safety videos, and materials that interest employees and make safety accessible.