The very last WCW Clash of the Champions took place on August 21, 1997 in Nashville, TN at the Municipal Auditorium. It drew 4,122 fans and popped a 3.64 rating on TBS.
Vaughn and Nick take a deep dive into the matches, happenings, and see just how far Sting came from the up-and-comer from last week's deep dive into the very first Clash of the Champions to his crow character nine years later.
The results (courtesy of prowrestlinghistory.com):
• Steve McMichael pinned Jeff Jarrett (8:07) to win the WCW U.S. Title.
• Raven pinned Stevie Richards (5:01) in a "no DQ" match.
• Alex Wright pinned Ultimo Dragon (13:55) to win the WCW TV Title.
• WCW Cruiserweight Champ Chris Jericho pinned Eddie Guerrero (6:41).
• Psicosis, Silver King, Villanos IV & V beat Juventud Guerrera, Super Calo, Hector Garza, & Lizmark J. (4:52) when Psicosis pinned Calo.
• Ric Flair & Curt Hennig beat Konnan & Syxx (5:09) when Hennig pinned Konnan.
• WCW Tag Champs Scott Hall & Randy Savage (sub for Kevin Nash) beat Diamond Dallas Page & Lex Luger (9:55) when Hall pinned Luger.
Plus the post-main event appearance of Sting with a vulture, the Dinner & A Movie segments, Michael Buffer, and more on this episode!
But before we get into that, we have another very real discussion about Breonna Taylor and how justice was not served in her case. This is what the protests are about. It takes no energy to just listen to people who don't look like you.
We talk about the passing of Road Warrior Animal, who passed away at the age of 60. We also discuss Retribution and the terrible storyline continuing this week on WWE television as now the group has contracts and terrible names! Good stuff, WWE.
You can subscribe to The Straight Shooters on the following platforms:
Exclusive Patreon content: [patreon.com/shootersradio]
Facebook: [The Straight Shooters]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices