This episode was a special request from a listener. Sarah and Jenny discuss their experiences with grief and recommend some reads, we promise it's not completely depressing! That being said we do discuss cancer, miscarriage, suicide, sudden death and more, so if you find these topics upsetting then please do give this episode a miss. We've bookmarked where we start talking books if you would like to skip our personal experiences. We hope you enjoy the episode and if you've got any other special requests send them our way!Get in touch
| Voice messageBooks mentioned
- New Animal by Ella Baxter
- The Spare Room by Helen Garner
- Past Mortems by Carla Valentine
- With the End in Mind by Katherine Mannix
- From Here to Eternity: Travelling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty
- Sky Burial by Xinran
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- This I Know: Notes on Unravelling the Heart by Susannah Conway
- Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter
Support The Bookcast Club
- You can support the podcast on Patreon. Our tiers start at £2 a month. Rewards include early access to the podcast, monthly bonus episodes, tailored book recommendations and books in the post.
- If you would like to make a one-off donation you can do so on Ko-fi.
- A free way to show your support is to mention us on social media, rate us on Spotify or review us on iTunes.
NewsletterSupport the show
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
for more book recommendations, reviews, new releases, podcast recommendations and the latest podcast news.