In this 5th episode of "Venture Talks", I was thrilled to have assembled an international panel of VC and Founders to discuss “Personal Tokens & Creators IPOs”.
- - -
[PROMO CODE] This episode is an excerpt from the episode that you can find in full with the full shownotes for our premium members on VentureNotes.co. Being a premium member of “Venture Notes” means 1) full episodes + detailed shownotes, 2) invitations to live podcasts and events, 3) a private chat reserved for the premium members community, 4) a monthly online get-together reserved for premium members, 5) perks and 6) possibly an investment syndicate! To thank you for listening to this episode, we offer you 20% OFF on the 12 month premium plan (€ 72 instead of € 90) valid until December 31, 2021 < Here is your link https://upcomingvc.substack.com/vt5personaltokens >
- - -
- Rex Woodbury based in San Francisco 🇺🇸 VC @ Index Ventures and writer of Digital Native
- Julien Genestoux based in New York 🇺🇸 Founder @ Unlock Protocol which just raised $4M, to further develop its NFT protocol designed for subscriptions and memberships.
- Kenneth Schlenker based in Paris 🇫🇷 Co-Founder @ Opal, the #1 screen time app, gathering 100,000+ people who save time, focus better, and develop healthier screen habits. Kenneth launched his personal token $KNTH.
- Matthew Espinoza based in Toronto 🇨🇦 Co-Founder @ BlockPerks which allows creators to launch their own cryptocurrency and reward their fans with exclusive content, NFT’s and more.
We talked inclusion, accountability, literacy, fandom … in particular
- What is a creator nowadays?
- Transitioning from pure creator profiles to a creator / business DNA?
- What about creators’ inclusion in Web3, does one neeed to be technical?
- Is there a rough playbook to identify when one should issue a personal token?
- Building in public or Living in public? Issuing a token to ask people what you should do next: how can a personal token issuer be accountable? Is there a new definition of accountability?
- And will anyone issue a personal token? Who will be relevant to issue a personal token? What about consumer use cases to prove you live “right” in front of financial institutions?
- What about the concept of “Personal & Creators market caps”?
- What about inclusion from a fandom perspective? How to include fans not able to afford buying items / tokens from their fave celebrities?
And other very insightful takes.
I am sure you will love this episode, we have a lot to cover so enjoy this episode right now.
- - -
The "Runway Series Originals", "AMA VC", "Human Factor", "No-Code VC / Fit" & "Venture Talks" podcasts are produced by UPCOMINGVC® (www.upcoming.vc), created and hosted by Raphael Grieco.