Thanks for agreeing to participate as a guest at the rHatchery.live podcast. Please provide the following information to set up the stream and promos:
- A pic
- A topic (short and catchy)
- A tagline (further elaborating on the topic)
- A one-paragraph bio
- Any social media handles you’d like to share
Once you have these info bits please share them with us. Also, don't forget to upload your info on this link.
Deciding on a topic
We recommend that your topic aligns with the show's objectives, which are to help individuals, professionals, and company leaders realize the need for radical course correction and to take action to create a sustainable future for all.
To develop your topic, consider a problem in your field or the world and answer the following questions:
- How would you describe the problem in one sentence?
- What are you doing to address the problem?
- What are your clients doing to address the problem?
We ask that you use the format below for your topic and tagline:
Once you provide the info, we'll create the event on Restream and send you the link to join Matt and Jose 15 minutes before the interview for a quick walk-through. If you have specific talking points you'd like to suggest or questions you'd like to answer, please let us know. The show is live and runs for about 30 minutes, after which you'll receive the recording and other assets generated. We'll check in with you the day before but feel free to contact us with any questions.
Before the interview
Make sure you have the following:
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam.
- Preferably, try to have a headset with a mic to avoid echo.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- An aesthetically pleasing background —preferably with your company logo—. Avoid “busy” locations or backgrounds as much as possible.
- Avoid dark or poorly lit locations, or having a source of light behind you, like a lamp or a window.
- If possible, use a source light in front of you, like a light ring.
- Try to avoid virtual backgrounds, since they tend to "flicker" and it's distracting.
- You must have a sufficiently strong internet connection for the stream to work well. Although WiFi might work quite well, we recommend that you hardwire (ethernet) to your router when possible.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
- Be sure to select 720 @ 30 fps on the camera settings.
If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari.
Joining the broadcast
When it’s time to go live, follow these steps to enter the broadcast studio:
- We will provide you with a link before the show. Click the link and you’ll be taken to Restream digital studio.
- Allow Restream to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected. Click the “Settings” button to check.
- Enter a display name. Use your actual name or the name of your brand. Then enter the studio.
The host will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until the host decides to add you in. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to see and hear you. This is your time to shine!
Remember, we invited you to the show because we want to hear what you have to say. Just be yourself and…have fun!