Dr. Jade Wu is a clinical psychologist and Board-certified behavioral sleep medicine specialist and researcher at Duke University School of Medicine. Her current research focuses on treating sleep disorders in those with chronic illnesses. She is a frequent guest on popular TV, radio and podcast shows like NPR and ABC, and her work is featured in publications like New York Times and Huffington Post. Dr. Wu’s mission is to spread the gift of sleep so that people can be their healthiest, organizations can be their most innovative, and societies can sleep their way towards justice and healing.
In this episode we discuss:
- The link between anxiety and insomnia
- The differences between insomnia and sleep deprivation
- Are there long-term health complications with lack of sleep?
- Components of sleep hygiene
- The use of wearables to track sleep