The topic of friendship has been on my mind for the past few months, especially with changes in my own friendships as the result of the pandemic. How you think about friendships can have a big impact on how you feel about your life…so let’s explore it!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How the state of friendships has changed in the past few decades
- Three types of friendship styles
- Deciding how you want to show up as a friend
- Deciding what you want from friendships
- “The state of American friendship: Change, challenges, and loss” (June 2021, Survey Center on American Life)
- “Friend” (Better Help, Dec 2021)
- “10.2: Stages and Types of Friendships” (Social Science, Libre Texts, Sept 2021)
- “What Is Friendship?” (How Stuff Works, Apr 2021)
- “Loneliness and Social Isolation Linked to Serious Health Conditions” (CDC, Apr 2021)
- “How Understanding Middle School Friendships Can Help Students With Ups and Downs” (PBS station KQED serving Northern California, Nov 2020)
- “A Linguist Breaks Down What We Really Mean When We Call Our Friends ‘Close’” (The Cut, May 2017)
- Book: “Friendship: The Evolution, Biology, and Extraordinary Power of Life's Fundamental Bond”, Lydia Denworth, Jan 2020
Join the Less Stress, More Fun podcast community on Facebook!
Get Lisa's "3 Ways to Reduce Stress TODAY" video + PDF.
Visit Lisa online! Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
© 2022 Lisa Schwaller