When you put the words “freedom” and “control” together in your mind’s eye, what thoughts come up? Some of my clients have shared a desire for “freedom” which, upon excavation, is a word that describes a desire for control, or at least self-control and autonomy. Let’s explore these concepts in this week’s episode!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- My perspective on control and freedom, and why I think humans crave it
- Why revealing your thoughts about what “control” and “freedom” mean to you can reduce stress and be a path to genuine playfulness
- How you can use decisive decision making to boost your sense of freedom and control
- “Why Losing Control Can Make You Happier” (Greater Good magazine by UC-Berkeley, Sept 2016)
- “People Want Power Because They Want Autonomy” (The Atlantic, March 2016)
- Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies website
- “I’m Free” by the Soup Dragons (YouTube)
Join the Less Stress, More Fun podcast community on Facebook!
Get Lisa's "3 Ways to Reduce Stress TODAY" video + PDF.
Visit Lisa online! Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
© 2022 Lisa Schwaller