Today we’re going to talk about electronic communications from the “less stress, more fun” perspective.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A brief history of electronic, “anytime, all the time” communication
- Connecting to why electronic communication can be biologically stressful
- Suggestions for developing electronic communication habits to amplify you joy and performance
- “Become Your Own Attention Engineer: How to Hack Bad Digital Habits with Behavior Design” (Tech Detox, Jan 2022)
- “Text anxiety: why too many messages make us want to throw our phones at the wall” (The Guardian, Nov 2021)
- “Emojis and Visual Literacy: A Guide for Lawyers” (Bloomberg Law, June 2021)
- “How texting makes stress worse” (BBC, Feb 2021)
- “Is instant messaging at work stressing us out?” (Yahoo! Finance, Jan 2020)
- “Email is officially middle-aged!” (history of email infographic ReachMail.com, Jan 2015)
- “The text message turns 20: A brief history of SMS” (The Week, Jan 2015)
- “Media multitaskers pay mental price, Stanford study shows” (Stanford University, 2009)
- Aziz Ansari: Nightclub Comedian on Netflix (2022)
Join the Less Stress, More Fun podcast community on Facebook!
Get Lisa's "3 Ways to Reduce Stress TODAY" video + PDF.
Visit Lisa online! Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
© 2022 Lisa Schwaller