Interested in trying intermittent fasting but you are unsure about how it can benefit you? Well, this episode is for you. Listen in to this introductory episode so you may learn about the major benefits of intermittent fasting. And guess what, its not just about weight loss!
Get your FREE Self-Care Planner: CLICK HERE to download https://mailchi.mp/e071daa1445b/g68zgxope4
Connect with me:
Instagram: @gohardchick and @krisalisefit
Facebook: Krisalise Fit
- Hoddy KK, Gibbons C, Kroeger CM, Trepanowski JF, Barnosky A, Bhutani S, Gabel K, Finlayson G, Varady KA. Changes in hunger and fullness in relation to gut peptides before and after 8 weeks of alternate day fasting. Clin Nutr. 2016 Dec;35(6):1380-1385. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2016.03.011. Epub 2016 Mar 30. PMID: 27062219.
- Horne BD, Muhlestein JB, Lappé DL, May HT, Carlquist JF, Galenko O, Brunisholz KD, Anderson JL. Randomized cross-over trial of short-term water-only fasting: metabolic and cardiovascular consequences. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2013 Nov;23(11):1050-7. doi: 10.1016/j.numecd.2012.09.007. Epub 2012 Dec 7. PMID: 23220077.
- Johnstone, A. Fasting for weight loss: an effective strategy or latest dieting trend?. Int J Obes 39, 727–733 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2014.214. Teruya, T., Chaleckis, R., Takada, J. et al. Diverse metabolic reactions activated during 58-hr fasting are revealed by non-targeted metabolomic analysis of human blood. Sci Rep 9, 854 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-36674-9
- Adrienne R. Barnosky, Kristin K. Hoddy, Terry G. Unterman, Krista A. Varady, Intermittent fasting vs daily calorie restriction for type 2 diabetes prevention: a review of human findings, Translational Research, Volume 164, Issue 4, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trsl.2014.05.013.
- Anu Rahal, Amit Kumar, Vivek Singh, Brijesh Yadav, Ruchi Tiwari, Sandip Chakraborty, Kuldeep Dhama, "Oxidative Stress, Prooxidants, and Antioxidants: The Interplay", BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 761264, 19 pages, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/761264
- Mohammad Bagherniya, Alexandra E. Butler, George E. Barreto, Amirhossein Sahebkar,The effect of fasting or calorie restriction on autophagy induction: A review of the literature, Ageing Research Reviews, Volume 47, 2018, Pages 183-197, ISSN 1568-1637, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arr.2018.08.004.
- Bredesen DE. Reversal of cognitive decline: A novel therapeutic program. Aging (Albany NY). 2014; 6:707-717.
- K Giannakou, C Papakonstantinou, S Chrysostomou, D Lamnisos, The effect of intermittent fasting on cancer prevention: a systematic review, European Journal of Public Health, Volume 30, Issue Supplement_5, September 2020, ckaa166.216, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckaa166.216
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Kristal Holmes disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility for statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests’ qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician or therapist.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/gohardchick/message