It's back! The 4th annual Athletic Trainers' Society of New Jersey Symposium recap episode! #ATSNJ2023. A special thank you to the ATSNJ Executive Committee for your support in this project! Check out this lineup! In this episode you'll get brief summaries of all presenters' key takeaways from the Symposium.
- ATSNJ 2023 Initiatives (Ken Cieslak, President ATSNJ - President@atsnj.org)
- Effect of Depression & Anxiety on Sports Rehabilitation Adherence & Injury Recovery in Collegiate Athletes (Luis Torres, DHSc, LAT, ATC - Assistant Professor, Department of Exercise Science and Physical Education: Montclair State University, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quality Improvement: Work Smarter, Not Harder (Anne Russ, PhD, LAT, ATC - Associate Professor of Instruction - Department of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Temple University,email@example.com)and Beth Neil PhD, LAT, ATC - Clinical Education Coordinator, Assistant Professor of Instruction: Department of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences - Temple University, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Concussion Rehabilitation Student session (Christopher Meny, MS, ATC - Business Development Manager Sports: Kessler Rehabilitation, email@example.com)
- Take a Breath: Mindfulness and Meditation in Athletics (Cynthia O'Connell, M.S. Ed - RYT 200 yoga teacher, Founder/Owner/Consultant - Mindfulness Connection mindfulnessconnection.com, Co-author with Jen Clearwaters - “Elevation Principles”, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mass Casualty Planning in Athletics (Dan Evans, MEd, ATC - Athletic Trainer & District Safety Specialist: Woodstown High School; Emergency Management Coordinator: Borough of Woodstown, email@example.com)
- WANTED: Athletic Trainers in the Emergency Department (Barbara McCormick, DNP, RN, CEN - Critical Care, Emergency Department Nurse and clinical faculty - Jefferson Health / Lieutenant Colonel - Delaware National Guard, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sports Related Concussion: Updates and Innovation (Jason Krystofiak, MD, CAQSM - Primary Care Sports Medicine, RWJBarnabas Health, Medical Director of Sports Medicine - Cooperman Barnabas, Medical Director - Mathew J. Morahan III Center, Assistant Team Physician - Rutgers Athletics, Clinical Assistant Professor - Rutgers-RWJMS,email@example.com and Diana Toto, MS - Administrative Director of Sports and Rehab Medicine, RWJBarnabas Health Cooperman Barnabas Health Center / Matthew J. Morahan III Health Assessment Center for Athletes, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The confounding variables impeding high-quality CPR (Jennifer Longo, PhD, ATC, NREMT - Assistant Professor: Rowan University, email@example.com)
- The JEPster Tape Strapping Procedure for the Treatment of Medial Posterior Tibial Stress Syndrome (Kip Patterson, ATC, CSCS - Certified Athletic Trainer/ Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist: Shawnee High School, firstname.lastname@example.org) - Demo video for JEPster tape job (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zsZnC2FMqirELxgL-beF0qIrqmObWuVU/view?usp=sharing)
Follow cATalyzing Athletic Trainers, LLC on your favorite social media platforms @cATalyzingATs, and connect with lead cATalyst Ryan Stevens on LinkedIn!
--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/catalyzing-podcast/message